KOHLER GENERATING SETS provided 12 months (or) 2,000 running hours from the commissioning date whichever comes first according to the following KOHLER Warranty Policy.
KOHLER Product has been manufactured and inspected with care by experienced craftsmen. If you are the original consumer, Kohler Co. warrants, for the period indicated below, each product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Repair, replacement, or appropriate adjustment at Kohler Co.’s option will be furnished if the product, upon Kohler Co.’s inspection, is found to be properly installed, maintained, and operated in accordance with Kohler Co.’s instruction manuals. A Kohler distributor, dealer, or authorized representative must perform startup. This warranty does not apply to malfunctions caused by damage, unreasonable use, misuse, repair or service by unauthorized persons, or normal wear and tear.
|John Deere, Volvo,Mitsubishi,Doosan,KOHLER
||One (1) year or 2000 hours (whichever occurs first) from date of initial startup
||One (2) year or 2000 hours (whichever occurs first) from date of initial startup
Some restrictions may apply. Contact your Kohler distributor/dealer for full details. Here some of terms and conditions for Generator Maintainance Instruction.
Startup must occur within 24 months of original shipment by Kohler Co.
The following will not be covered by the warranty:
1. Normal Engine wear, routine tune-ups, tune up parts, adjustments, and periodic service.
2. Damage caused by accidents, improper installation or handling, faulty repairs not performed by an authorized service representative , or improper storage.
3. Damage caused by operation with improper fuel or at speeds, loads, conditions, modifications, or installation contrary to published specifications or recommendations.
4. Damage caused by negligent maintenance such as;
a. Failure to provide the specified type and sufficient quantity of lubricating oil.
b. Failure to keep the air intake and cooling fin areas clean.
c. Failure to service the air cleaner.
d. Failure to provide sufficient coolant and / or cooling air.
e. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance as Prescribed in supplied manuals.
f. Failure to regularly exercise the generator set under load (stationary applications only)
5. Original installation charges and startup costs.
6. Starting batteries and the following related expenses:
a. Labor charges related to battery service.
b. Travel expense related to battery service.
7. Engine coolant heaters, heater controls, and circulating pumps after the first year.
8. Rental of equipment during performance of warranty repairs.
9. Parts purchased from sources other than Kohler Co. Replacement of a failed Kohler part with a non-Kohler part voids warranty on that part.
10. Radiators replaced rather than repaired.
11. Fuel injection pumps not repaired locally by an authorized servicing dealer.
12. Non – Kohler – authorized repair shop labor without prior approval from Kohler Co, Warranty Department.
13. Engine fluids such as fuel, oil, or coolant / antifreeze.
14. Shop supplies such as adhesives, cleaning solvents, and rags.
15. Expenses incurred investigating performance complaints unless the problem is caused by defective Kohler materials or workmanship.
16. Maintenance items such as fuses, lamps, filters, spark plugs, loose or leaking clamps, and adjustments.